Tarporley Neighbourhood PlanPlease vote in the Referendum in Tarporley on Thursday 5th May 2016
The Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan has been written by volunteers who live in Tarporley and have devoted thousands of hours to bring forward the Neighbourhood Plan based on your comments about future development in the village.
The planning system helps decide what gets built, where and when. Neighbourhood plans were introduced under the Localism Act to give local communities greater influence on future development in their local area. If more than half of those voting in a referendum vote in favour of the neighbourhood plan, the local planning authority must make it part of the statutory development plan for the area. This means that the plan will be used as a basis for making decisions on planning applications in Tarporley.
Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
Tarporley voted overwhelmingly to adopt the Neighbourhood Plan on Thursday 5th May 2016.
96% voted YES to the question “Do you want Cheshire West and Chester Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the Tarporley area to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”. The turnout was 46% – relatively high.
“Making” of the Neighbourhood Plan
Cheshire West and Chester Council decided to make the Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 at a meeting on 8 June 2016.
The Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for Cheshire West and Chester and will be taken into account in local planning decisions.
Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan & Associated Documents
The Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan and its supporting documentation can be found on the Cheshire West and Chester Council website and also below for convenience. These documents are:
- Decision Statement – sets out CWaC’s decision to “make” the plan on 8th June 2016
- Neighbourhood Plan and Proposals Map – the final version incorporating The Examiner’s recommendations.
- Decision Statement – sets out CWaC’s decision to proceed to referendum and details the changes made in response to The Examiner’s report.
- Publicity Stage Responses – a summary of the representations submitted to the examiner.
- Examiner’s report – findings of the Examination and recommended changes with reasons.
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement – a statement from CWaC Council relating to statutory conditions and provisions.
- General Information Statement – explains what the Tarporley Neighbourhood Plans is, how it fits into the planning system and the purpose of the referendum.
- Referendum Information Statement – a statement from CWaC Council setting out the arrangements for the referendum.
For further information on the Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan please email email@example.com or telephone 01244 973 778 or visit the CWaC website Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan page.